How do I get access to create a class?
Before you can create a class, your account must be verified by an already-verified teacher or by the Oxford Digital Support team. This process is outlined below.
- Click on the Classes
- If another teacher at your school is verified, they will appear here. Click on the Send request button next to their name to send an email requesting them to verify your account.
- To be verified by the Oxford Digital Support team, fill in your details at Step 2 and click Submit.
- The support team will verify your account and send you a confirmation email.
How do I upload a class?
- In the Classes tab, click on Create classes.
- Click the Secondary Template button to download a basic Excel spreadsheet template, also known as a CSV file.
- Open the document and populate the template with the required information, including both student and teacher details.
- Save the file to your computer and close the document – click Yes on any dialogue boxes that appear.
- In Create classes, click on the Upload button to find the document on your computer and upload it onto the system. A loading screen will appear.
- Once the document has uploaded successfully, the class list will appear with the information you have provided. Click Next to confirm.
- Select the Notify class of their login details via email option by toggling it to green. Click Close & send to finish.
- Your class will now appear under the Classes tab.
- Allocate an obook to the class to start assigning work.
How do I allocate an obook to a class?
New classes are marked with a hazard symbol to indicate that no obook products have been allocated to the class yet.
To add a product:
- Click the Select button to bring up a list of products in your digital library.
- Select the product you want to allocate and click Close.
- The selected product will appear beside the class and can be changed at any time by clicking on the Manage button beneath the title.
What if I want to change a class?
To add or remove class members:
- click the Manage button under the Members heading; the button appears beside a spanner icon.
- click Add new student and enter their details to add a new student
- click Add to have the student instantly appear on your class list
- click Add new teacher and enter their details to add a new teacher
- click Add to have the teacher instantly appear on your class list
- use the Find member function to search the class list for already added members.
Note that students are able to see what classes they are in, but they cannot join, create or manage classes.
How do I create a group?
Once you have created a class, you can create groups within those classes. Creating groups allows you to assign individualised tasks to groups of students within the one class according to their learning needs. This process is outlined below.
- Click on Create groups.
- A list of your obooks will appear. Click the spanner icon next to the title that you want to create groups in.
- Enter a group name and click Add. You can repeat this step to create as many groups as you want.
- Exit the dialogue box to return to your list of classes.
- To add a student to a group, click Manage under the My groups heading.
- Select a group.
- Toggle the switch next to the student’s name to green and then click Confirm.
- Use the Manage function and repeat the steps to change or remove group members.