Where will the tabs take me?
What is the Dashboard?
You can view your Student book and all additional digital resources on the Dashboard.
Use the Dashboard view to navigate through your obook and find relevant resources. Resources appear as colour-coded tiles below the preview screen and in the Resources tab. Click on the tile to access each resource’s content.
The Book tab is the home page of your obook. It will automatically load when you access your obook via the Library.
- Use the table of contents menu panel on the left-hand side for quick access to chapters and the Dashboard.
- Expand the chapter headings to view chapter sections by clicking the down arrow.
Select a chapter or section to open a preview of the obook and see what resources are available for that topic.
- Use the left and right arrows to turn the book’s pages.
- To search for a particular page, type the page number into the Go to page… search bar above the contents menu and click the blue arrow (or press the Enter button on your keyboard). You will be taken to the Dashboard view of the section the page belongs to.
Use the Resources tab to access additional content including videos, web links, worksheets, glossaries, exam guides, revision notes and more. Resources are ordered by chapter.
To find a specific resource type, use the filter tool on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Tick the resource type you want to find.
Through the Quizzes tab, you can access the assess functionality of obook assess. Students can review their learning by completing a series of short, multiple-choice quizzes on topics in the Student book. You can retake the quiz as many times as you want and review your answers beside the correct answers upon completion.
Use the Assigned work tab to view a list of tasks currently assigned to you by your teacher; this will also display each task’s due date. Work is ordered chronologically from the assignment date. Once you click on an assignment, it will be marked as completed.
How do I view my notes?
Use Notes to see a list of all the notes you have created for your obook.
- Click Go to note to navigate to the topic the note is assigned to in your o
- Click Edit to make changes to a note.
- Click Delete to delete a note.
How can I access my bookmarks?
Use the Bookmarks tab to see all of your bookmarked sections in one place. Click on the chapter or section link to go to the section of your obook that you saved as a bookmark.
To delete a bookmark, click on the star icon beside the bookmark.
To make a bookmark, open your obook in the reader view and follow these steps.
- Click the Bookmark button on the navigation ribbon at the bottom of the page.
- Once bookmarked, the star icon will turn yellow.
- To remove a bookmark, click the Bookmark button a second time and the star will return to its original colour.
How do I search for a keyword?
The following steps demonstrate how to use the keyword search in your obook.
- Click the magnifying glass icon.
- Type your keyword and press enter.
- The keyword search will give you a list of instances throughout the book where your keyword appears. Click on a link to open the page in reader view.