In the Class Detail page, there are two ways to add new members (i.e. students or teachers) to an existing class. You can do this either in bulk via Class List Upload, or individually by using the Find or Create
Open the class you wish to add new members to by clicking the spanner icon.
For reference, a current list of all class members is at the bottom of this page.
Class list upload
If you have many new members to add to the class and would prefer to add them in bulk, you can do this via .csv file upload following these steps.
1. From the 'Manage Class' page, download the pre-populated .csv template (using the download this template link) which will include all the information about your class, including any current members already in the class.
2. Open the file in Excel and add the details of any new students or teachers you wish to add to the class. Do not delete anyone from the template, unless you do in fact want to delete them from your class. Save your file, making sure it’s saved in .csv file format.
3. Select Upload and follow the prompts to upload your file. The new users will now be added to your class.
Find or Create
This method is useful if you only want to add a small number of students or a new teacher to your class. For example, you may have one new student who has joined your class mid-way through the year, or a second teacher who co-teachers the class. Simply follow these steps:
1. From the Class Detail screen, select the Find or Create
2. Search the users name and/or email address or Student ID to find their existing Owl account (if they have one). From the search results window, add the new member to your classing using the green plus icon. Remember to select Save Class List before you close the window.
Alternatively, if the user doesn’t already have an account, go to the Create Users tab to create an account for them. For new student accounts, enter their name and Student ID. For new teacher accounts, enter their name and email address.
IMPORTANT: When creating new student accounts, remember to select the Login with Student ID option (unless your school happens to allocate email addresses for your Primary students). Please ensure you use the student’s unique school ID. If you re-use an existing student’s unique ID with the new student, then the new student name will override the existing student name, but the previous student's data will be retained.
An account has now been created for the new user. Go to the Class List to access the login details for new Student accounts. Their log in type will automatically be set to 'picture' unless 'email' is selected and a password is specified.
For new Teacher accounts, please instruct them to visit www.oxforddigital.com.au/signin/email.html to activate their account and set a password by using the Forgot? link. You will not be able to activate a Teacher’s account or set a password for them.