Where will the tabs take me?
What is the Dashboard?
You can view your Student book and all additional digital resources on the Dashboard.
Use the Dashboard view to navigate through your obook and find relevant resources. Resources appear as colour-coded tiles below the preview screen and in the Resources tab. Click on the tile to access each resource’s content.
The Book tab is the home page of your obook. It will automatically load when you access your obook via the Library.
- Use the table of contents menu panel on the left-hand side for quick access to chapters and the Dashboard.
- Expand the chapter headings to view chapter sections by clicking the down arrow.
- Click on a chapter or section to open a preview of the obook and see what resources are available for that topic.
- Use the left and right arrows to turn the book’s pages.
- To search for a particular page, type the page number into the Go to page… search bar above the contents menu and click the blue arrow (or press the Enter button on your keyboard). You will be taken to the Dashboard view of the section the page belongs to.
Use the Resources tab to access additional content including videos, web links, worksheets, glossaries, exam guides, revision notes and more. Resources are ordered by chapter.
To find a specific resource type, use the filter tool on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Tick the resource type you want to find.
- Click Apply.
Use the Teacher resources tab to access bulk files of the Teacher notes, Student book questions and answers, course planners and more. Resources are ordered by content type.
Note that students cannot see this tab.
Through the Quizzes tab you can access the assess functionality of your obook assess. With assess, you can assign numerous short, multiple-choice quizzes to students and track their results. Students can review their result at the end of the assessment and retry the test as many times as required. Only the students’ most recent result will appear in the results breakdown.
All assess quiz results are visible to teachers under the Quizzes tab. To view results:
- select a class or student and click Load
- scroll down to find completed quizzes, or use the View drop down menu and select a chapter you want to see quiz results for (the number of students who have completed the quiz and their average score will appear)
- click on Student results to see a breakdown of student answers for individual questions, as well as the number of attempts made.
Teachers can export results as a PDF or CSV file, or view them as a graph by using the icons in the top right-hand corner of the results window.
Use the Assigned work tab to view a list of tasks currently assigned to classes as well as their due dates. The following steps outline how to view assigned work.
- Select a class or student and click Load.
- A list of assignments for that class will appear.
- Work is ordered chronologically from the assignment date.
How do I view my notes?
Use Notes to see a list of all the notes you have created for your obook.
- Click Go to note to navigate to the topic the note is assigned to in your o
- Click Edit to make changes to a note.
- Click Delete to delete a note.
- Click Share to make a note accessible to a class or student. The note will appear in the student’s Notes Students cannot edit or delete shared notes.
How can I access my bookmarks?
Use the Bookmarks tab to see all of your bookmarked sections in one place. Click on the chapter or section link to go to the section of your obook that you saved as a bookmark.
To delete a bookmark, click on the star icon beside the bookmark.
To make a bookmark, open your obook in the reader view and follow these steps.
- Click the Bookmark button on the navigation ribbon at the bottom of the page.
- Once bookmarked, the star icon will turn yellow.
- To remove a bookmark, click the Bookmark button a second time and the star will return to its original colour.
How do I search for a keyword?
- Click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Type your keyword and press enter.
- The keyword search will give you a list of instances throughout the book where your keyword appears. Click on a link to open the page in reader view.
What do students see?
Certain features do not appear in student obook accounts, including the Teacher resources tab.
Resource tiles with a prohibition symbol (a small circle with a strike through it) in the top left-hand corner cannot be seen or accessed by students. This includes Teacher notes, answers and other teacher-specific resources.
In the Assigned work tab, students will see a list of tasks assigned to them and their due dates. Once a student clicks on a link, it will be marked as ‘completed’.
Students can see and access all Student book questions and worksheets. To complete, students need to download the document to their computer and either fill in their answers digitally or print the resource out and submit the completed activity to their teacher in hard copy. Students can hand in work by email or in person.
Remind students to download and save the document to their computer before they begin filling it in. Answers typed directly into the online document will not be saved.