There are three ways to add students into a class (see further down for teachers under Find or Create). A description of each method is below, please choose the method most suited to your situation.
This is a great option as it removes the requirement for teachers to pre-prepare a class list upload spreadsheet and instead allows students to self-join a class using a code.
• Create a class and share the unique class code with students.
• Students then log into their Oxford Digital account, enter the code and are automatically joined to the class, even if they don’t yet have an active product subscription in their library yet.
• We recommend teachers take a few minutes at the start of their first class of the year to write the class code on the board, or project it onto the board via their laptop.
• Simply instruct students to type the code into their Oxford Digital account, using the Join a Class button on the Student Library homepage.
• Alternatively, the class code can be copied as a URL link and then shared with students via email or within your School’s LMS. Whichever option suits you best.
• Students simply click the link to login to their Oxford Digital account (or be prompted to create a new account if they don’t already have one) at which point, they will be automatically joined to the class.
To add students using the class code, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Manage Classes button on the homepage.
2. In the Classes Overview page, select the Manage Class icon to view your class.
3. You are now in the Class overview page for your class. From here, you can invite students to join your class by copying and sharing the class code with them.
4. To share the code, you might like to write it on your classroom whiteboard. Or if your laptop is connected to a projector, use the Enlarge button to project the code large-scale onto your board.
This will make it easier for students to copy. If you prefer to share the code via email, you might like to copy either the code or the direct URL (i.e. link, by clicking the blue icon) and paste it into an email to your students or add it into your school’s LMS for students to access.
5. Remember that you can generate a new code at any time using the Refresh Code.
This is useful if a student has shared your class code with students from another class, who may use it to join your class accidentally.
Don’t worry, the code cannot be used by students from any other school other than your own. Just refresh the code to create a new one. Anyone with the old code will now not be able to join your class should they use it.
6. To join your class, Students can either click the URL link you sent them, or they can log into their Oxford Digital account, click Join a Class and type in the class code.
Select Join to confirm. Student’s will receive a confirmation message. They are now joined to the class.
Find or Create
This method is useful if you only want to add a small number of students or a new teacher to your class. For example, you may have a new student who has joined your class mid-way through the year, or a second teacher who co-teachers the class. Simply follow these steps:
1. Click on the Manage Classes or School Admin (if you are a School Administrator) to enter into the Class Overview Screen.
2. Click on the Manage Class spanner icon.
3. In the Class Detail screen, select Find or Create.
4. In the Find Users tab, search for existing Oxford Digital account holders. Select the user from the search list then click the green plus icon to add the user to your class list.
Click Save Class List.
5. Alternatively, if the user doesn’t already have an Oxford Digital account, go to the Create Users tab to create an account for them.
Enter their name and email address, then select Create.
6. An account has now been created for them and they are now added to the class. The new user must now activate their Oxford Digital account and set a password in order to be able to login.
7. IMPORTANT: To activate their new account, please instruct the new user to visit www.oxforddigital.com.au/signin/email.html to set a password by using the Forgot? link. You will not be able to activate their account or set a password for them.
Class list upload
If you would prefer to manually add multiple students or teachers to your class, you can do this via csv file upload following these steps.
1. Download the pre-populated template (using the download this template link) which includes all the information about your class, including any user already joined to the class.
2. Open the file and add the details of any new students or teachers that you wish to add to the class. Do not delete anyone from the template, unless you do in fact want to delete them from your class.
Save your file, making sure it’s saved in .csv file format.
3. Select Upload and follow the prompts to upload your file. The new users will now be added to your class.